Catalyst is proud to announce entry into the Mixed Martial Arts and combat community. We recently sponsored a popular MMA fight promotion in Agawam, MA where Catalyst was used by attendees and fighters alike. For fighters looking for the best energy, look no further. Catalyst Mints provides MMA fighters the healthiest and most effective energy source needed for successful training and fights.
- Written by Catalyst | Created on 22 March 2017
The short answer? No one’s really sure yet; at least, not outside of YouTube. There are good theories about the likes and dislikes built into YouTube, though, and it’s likely that the two buttons do impact the visibility of a content piece. More importantly, we think these buttons might impact visibility and propagation of future content from the same channel. Our sponsored gamers (join here) can use this info to increase content visibility.
The likes and dislike buttons have long been hypothesized to increase video exposure simply by driving more user engagement. To YouTube, “engagement” is the amount a particular user interacts with a content piece beyond viewing it. This is active engagement, not passive. Active engagement includes commenting and liking or disliking a video.
- Written by Catalyst | Created on 16 March 2017
We have made some big new changes to the Catalyst Vault and the Catalyst sponsorship program. If you are currently sponsored by us, then this is for you:
- Your sponsorship is now much more exclusive. The Catalyst sponsorship program is officially closed to new applications, meaning that your status as a Catalyst sponsored gamer just got even more unique. The sponsorship program is now invite only. This means that you have the power to choose who gets sponsored by Catalyst and who doesn't.
- You can now recruit your own heist crew members who will work for you. When you invite someone to be on your heist crew, you will earn 5% of all of their sales forever. This will not affect what they get paid. Build your team, and show them how to make sales through their referral link. They will earn you money and help you level up.
- Written by Catalyst | Created on 06 March 2017
Amazon’s Twitch acquisition last year seems to indicate potentially scaling Twitch’s viewership going forward, primarily with regard to moving into the uploads space. The acquisition made sense: Amazon is equipped with some of the world’s largest network infrastructure, and already has a good platform through AWS for file management and user storage.
Going forward, Catalyst suggests that our sponsored gamers begin uploading to both the YouTube and Twitch.tv services. This upload splitting (ideally, duplicate content on each service) will help diversify revenue streams and establish channels in multiple locations. Because YouTube and Twitch still appeal to largely different audiences, the overlap is minimal and exposure is high. To get into the Twitch.tv beta upload service early does mean greater visibility to users privy to the new archival video platform. As Twitch continues to expand, it is possible that this uploads service begins to offer greater content value and serve as the beginning of a direct competitor to YouTube.
- Written by Catalyst | Created on 28 February 2017
Your cart is currently empty.
Fill your cart and
see what the buzz is about.